10.04.2010

Daydreamer

As I was walking Gracie this afternoon, I couldn't help but notice the leaves on the trees around my apartment complex changing... And falling off for that matter! It seems as though Autumn is upon us and I could not be more excited. The nights are getting chillier, the breeze whirls around as though it's hugging me telling me to prepare for the cold weather annnnnd, hot tea, warm blankets, and Christmas movies are right around the corner. I wonder when the first snow will fall...? Actually, I'm not ready for snow quite yet, but you never know with Colorado. Hm...the one thing I love and despise most about this state :) But anyways...as I was walking around, enjoying the cool breeze, watching the dark clouds roll over the mountain tops, I found myself daydreaming...again. What was this day dream about might you ask? Well.......

I was happily married to the most amazing man ever, with a family (four children), in our own home. The kids were just getting home from school and I was busy in the kitchen making homemade apple pie, sewing Halloween costumes, and preparing a delicious dinner. Warm cinnamon candles filled the house, all the Holiday decorations were out, fresh pumpkins were lined up on the dining room table waiting to be carved, and there were piles of leaves in our backyard that the kids would go play in. Oh, and let us not forget about the dogs laying all cozy like by the warm fireplace!

Sigh.

I am such a daydreamer. Everyday, almost all day long, I'm daydreaming about something. Traveling around the world, becoming a photographer, having a large family, living in upstate New York, being in a musical, sipping tea in England, and walking around Paris at night in a black pea coat holding someone specials hand. I think that's why I often get bored with life. Working the same job, sitting at a dumb ole desk, driving down the same streets everyday, shopping at the same stores... Now, don't get me wrong, I love my life! There are parts that I don't like, but overall, I have a really blessed and wonderful life. I think I just haven't learned how to be content. Content? What's that? There's a whole world out there to see!!! There are faces to meet, places to go, pictures to take, memories to make, food to eat, and planes to ride!

Oh, yes, but all of that takes money....

Which is why I sit at my desk, day after day, drinking hot tea, entering invoices for accounting and trying to answer people's questions about computers (which I have not a clue about) and am left to daydream about a crazy adventurous life that one day, I pray I get the opportunity to live.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment