11.22.2010

High Places

"I heard, and my body trembled, My lips quivered at the voice; Rottenness entereth into my bones, and I tremble in my place; Because I must wait quietly for the day of trouble, For the coming up of the people that invadeth us. For though the fig-tree shall not flourish, Neither shall fruit be in the vines; The labor of the olive shall fail, And the fields shall yield no food; The flock shall be cut off from the fold, And there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in Jehovah, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Jehovah, the Lord, is my strength; And he maketh my feet like hinds' feet, And will make me to walk upon my high places." Habakkuk 3:16-19

Two weeks ago, this verse described my life; I heard some news that I never thought I would have to hear. My body trembled with anxiety, my lips quivered as I sat on my couch and cried, and rottenness and disgust filled my bones. 
I was so hurt, so incredibly hurt.
The day after my heart was dead, there was no life in me whatsoever, I was in total and complete despair and felt so very empty...."For though the fig-tree shall not flourish, Neither shall fruit be in the vines; The labor of the olive shall fail, And the fields shall yield no food; The flock shall be cut off from the fold, And there shall be no herd in the stalls"...
But now, I have reached the point of rejoicing in my Jehovah, because He is my salvation. He is my strength! Though there may be pain and hurt, I rejoice because He is Mine and I am His. 

And now...the greatest news of all....
He will make me walk in high places! My future is in His hands and if I obey Him, His Word, and His plan for my life.... I will walk in high places and have one amazing future!

As Thanksgiving approaches, I could not be more thankful to Him who showed me what I needed to see. I asked for the truth to be revealed and He was so incredibly faithful. Although the sting is still there, and the wound is still open and hurting, I know that my Lord loves me and has some amazing things in store for my heart and for my life.

I am also so very thankful to my pastor and mentor Sam Bhatt who is walking this journey with me, along with SO many amazing amazing friends. He is the one who showed me this passage and helped me understand it! (I would never have thought that the book of Habakkuk was so great, ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment