1.20.2011

I Am

I am valuable
I am worth so much more than I could imagine
I am loved
I am smart
I am beautiful
I am deserving of authentic romance
I am special
I am worth being pursued
I am worth the wait

It truly amazes me how God places people in my life, people I would never have guessed I would grow so close to, to speak such life and encouragement. Last night I had a heartfelt conversation with a very special friend, who took the time to remind me of all the things I am. I lost sight of these things. I entrusted my value and worth to human hands, only to be disappointed and hurt. And this came as a surprise to me? Really? ugh. My God. My Saviour. Who created me in His own image....created the beautiful person I am. I am to entrust my soul, my heart, my everything to Him and Him alone. I know these things in my head (most days), but that 18" to my heart, psh, it's a doozy. I desire to truly, 100% know in my heart that I am worth the world. Who am I to think that I deserve less than the best?! Really? I know who I am in Christ. I know I am special. Why would I give my heart to men who don't deserve it? Because I am a human who is (slowly) learning what it means to let Christ fill that place in my heart. 

I needed to be reminded of the things I am. I needed to be up till 4am thinking about what it truly means to be pursued, to be valuable, to be deserving of authentic romance, to be called beautiful for who I am on the inside....and to think upon the day that I will let a man into my heart again, who treats me with the utmost respect and unconditional love I so desire, and deserve. 


And I truly will wait as long as I need to, to find a male, a man, my future husband, who truly appreciates me, cherishes me, loves me, pursues me, and would lay down his life for me....just like Christ calls him to.

2 comments:

  1. Let this be every girls goal. I love you friend and enjoyed reading this so much. Can't wait to see u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouraging words my friend! I too, can't wait to see you :) Next week! YAY!

    ReplyDelete