1.14.2011

Unwritten

"Drench yourself with words unspoken, 
Live your life with arms wide open,
Today is where your book begins,
The rest is still unwritten."

 Sometimes people are so very  unpredictable, and there are days where life decides to throw a curve-ball....right at the moment you least expect it. Of course! I wouldn't have it any other way (this is not sarcasm). The mere fact that I have no idea what my future looks like, excites me to no end. God already knows how my story will unfold and how it will end, but me? Yeah...no idea! Each second of everyday is a moment that is written in my life's history. Weird. Have you ever thought about that? Every second, of every day that passes, will forever be your story. Actually, when I really stop to think about it, like I am right now (because I'm the only one in my office and I have the time to really think about it), it's scary! Every thing I chose to do, goes down in history. And really, everything is a choice. Do I not eat lunch today or do I? (I'm battling this one right now actually...and I'm starving, so you think I'd pick to eat, but I haven't decided yet). Do I respond to that text or let it go? Do I go thrift-ing tonight, even though I don't really have any extra money? Do I plan something for my birthday or just be content with whatever happens? Oh, and then there are all the questions pertaining to the future, like: Do I apply here or there for a job? Do I even attempt to get into the University I want to go to or maybe Bible college is where I need to go? And about a bizillion other questions/choices I have swirling around in my brain.
I mean really...EVERYTHING is a choice. And you can't escape it. It's a fact of life. Everything you choose becomes a part of your story. I only hope that my story is one that changes people, and maybe, one day, even the World. 
So, here's to a day of choices. Here's to knowing that everything I do today will be apart of my story. Forever. Here's to enjoying that I have no idea what my future holds, but I know Who holds my future and that's all I need to know.

The unwritten story of Autumn Rae...sheesh, I better make it good. No pressure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment