2.11.2011

Babies and House-sitting

It's late and I'm in this big house...
with Riley, the dog, of course...
But pretty much alone.
I'm not a big fan of staying in large houses by myself late at night...
Which means I'm going to have a hard time when I'm married
and my husband isn't at home at night for whatever reason...
I'll cross that bridge when it gets here...
As for now, I am sitting in the office,
which is the only place the wireless seems to work...
it was very frustrating trying to figure out how to get the darned internet to even work...
But I'm smart, and got it :)
Anyways, I'm sitting here, reading blogs, yawning, thinking about life 
and how beautiful it really is...

This afternoon I got a text saying, "she's having a c-section done in about 30 minutes."
That was my cue to leave work and head up to Denver to welcome
Ben and Savannah's precious little boy into this world.
I have to say that the Swedish Memorial Hospital in Englewood is so confusing...
I probably drove around the hospital four times before parking...
And had to have a nice old man help me actually get into the hospital.
But once I found Yvette and Tasha, it was all good!
Savannah was in recovery still, so I didn't get to see her until a little later...
But I got to see Ben, the new daddy!! And baby Kissell as he was in the nursery
getting all washed up.
Yvette and I ran up to Illegal Pete's to get food for all of us...
expect for Sav who can't eat solid foods yet...
But oh man! Talk about some great Mexican food!
We also got to take Jeff's Hummer...which was quite the adventure...
I had never been in a Hummer before, but oh man, it was so huge...
And just watching Yvette drive it was reason enough to make me not want to own one...
Even though it is a pretty sweet ride!
Got back to the hospital to see Savannah!
Oh my friend! I still can't believe she's a momma...
2011-02-10 16
Look at that beautiful boy!
Voss Logan...8lbs, 9oz, 20 inches
He has the most beautiful eyelashes and button nose.
I fell in love.

There was at one point a moment where I was holding him...
Looking down at him...
And thinking to myself, "You knew him Lord before You placed him in Savannah's womb."
And I just sat there in awe.
That a God so big, created and formed this perfect little boy...
It was one of those moment's where the voices around you seem to fade,
and it was just me and Voss...
He was sleeping and I was starting at him...
His little face all scrunched up and sleepy...His perfect little hands and long fingernails...
The Lord created him to do great things in his life.
I can't wait to watch him grow up and see who he becomes.
Will he be tall like Ben? Will he be artsy? Will he look more Mexican like Sav?
What kind of personality will he have?
{It was also very fascinating to watch a baby learn how to breast feed...
It may be gross to some people, but I saw it for the first time,
being an intimate moment, just mommy and baby.}
*sigh*
Yes...deep down inside of me, I want nothing more than to be a mommy.
And I know my day will come,
But after holding a baby that was just brought into this world...
made that desire in my heart that much stronger.
I told my Dad how much I wanted to be a Mommy, and he said,
"Autumn...you kinda have to have a husband first! But when that time comes,
I'll be so so excited to be a Grandpa!"
Saturday I'll be driving up again to see how my wonderful friends are...
and hold that bundle of pure joy!

I guess it's time to sleep now...
Or at least attempt to sleep...
Good thing these people have an amazingly comfy and not to mention HUGE bed...
and Riley will be snuggling me all night long :)

Babies and house-sitting....
One day...
I'll be sitting in my own house, with my own baby...
And an amazing husband...
One day....

No comments:

Post a Comment