2.10.2011

Inked Forever

I did it
and I'm still so shocked that I actually went through with it!
I've been meaning to post about it for a while,
But just haven't yet...for a couple reasons...
...dumb reasons really...
And it took talking to my Mom (of all people) to get me to say,
"Okay! I want to share...and I already want more!"

Beautifully Redeemed 
Redeemed: to buy back or pay off; clear by payment
Theological definition: to deliver from sin and its consequences by
means of a sacrifice offered for the sinner.
The exact definition of what Christ did for me.
Jesus, gave up His life as a living sacrifice...He paid for me 
(me! this awful, wretched human being, full of sin and yuck)
with His own blood...
The most beautiful redemption story ever to be told.
Isaiah 43:1 "...Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; 
I have called you by name; you are Mine."

{this was the beginning of the outline. it's a pretty large piece for my first one..
at least I think so, haha. Matt, the artist, drew up this script after I showed him
kinda what I liked. He was like, "I don't really like that, can I draw something up for
you." haha. I'm so glad he did, because I love it!}

Deeply Loved
"The word of the Lord came to me saying,
"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you,
before you were born, I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:4-5
God knew me before He even made me.
My existence was not random, nor an accident.
God knew who He was creating, and He designed me for a specific work.
He promises to remain with me and rescue me.
He loves me and longs for me to love Him back.
The very fact that a holy, eternal, all-knowing, all-powerful, merciful, and just God
loves ME is nothing short of astonishing.
And you know what? He doesn't have to love me...
He wants me. He chooses me. He considers me His inheritance.
The greatest knowledge I can ever have is knowing God treasures me (Ex. 19:5).
I am undeserving of such a love, but HE truly, deeply loves me.

{the worst part was when Matt went over the spine.
Holy junk that was some pain, but I got through it!}

Wholly Surrendered 
Wholly: entirely; fully
Surrendered: Give up or hand over; Abandon oneself entirely
I'm human...
so the mere fact of surrendering my life over to something I can't see is, to some people, crazy...
Well, I'll be honest and say this is still a process for me,
The whole surrender my everything to the Lord is still hard for me to do.
But when I truly take time to think about it and pray about it,
I don't want to run my own life, I want Him to direct everything I do.
All the things that I try and accomplish on my own, out of my own flesh,
will in no way be rewarded anywhere near to what they will be if I operate totally
under God's perfect will for my life.
"If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself,
and take up his cross, and follow Me." Matthew 16:24
Deep thought that caused me to want 'wholly surrendered' on me forever:
When I enter into this full surrender with God my Father, I am putting everything
in my life to a maximum death in reference to myself since God will now be the One
to control the direction my life will take.
I am putting to death all of my wants, all of my desires, and all that I think
I should be doing in my life. I am handing the reigns over to my Lord.
I'm not completely there yet, but it's a journey I'm currently on.
"Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel,
'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit,
Who leads you in the way you should go.'" Is. 48:17

{thank you Tasha for taking all the pictures!}

So, there you have it...the explanation to why I am...
Beautifully Redeemed, Deeply Loved, Wholly Surrendered



And now that I have one....I can't wait to get another one...
I also am thinking about how I can add to the writing..
I have ideas :)
Oh tattoos...I knew I would become one of those people who would
become addicted.
I really thought I had a low pain tolerance,
but apparently I don't!!
I hardly bled and the only part that really hurt was over the spine.
I also decided that next day to go get a new piercing with my friend Sofia!
Yup, I'm crazy....
Crazy cool ;)
I know some people are not going to like it and there will be some who judge,
yes, because people are so judgmental sometimes (kinda like when I changed my hair)...
But I could care less...
This is me...
and like my Mom said...
"It doesn't change who Autumn is on the inside. The beautiful girl that loves the Lord."
Plus, I think tattoos are some of the most attractive pieces of art.

4 comments:

  1. John Greenhouse2/10/11, 12:41 PM

    That's awesome! Very tasteful as well. Welcome to the club. ;) My next piece is going to be 1 Corinthians 1:18

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John! I'm so excited :) I just looked up that scripture. So good! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Beautiful Autumn!
    I remember when I got my first tattoo (at age 37) and feeling afraid for the church family to see it for fear of judgement. I am so glad you have overcome that fear at a young age. It took me a long time to realize that there are only 2 who know our hearts! For the others, well it doesn't really matter what they say! I look forward to seeing how you "enhance" your already beautiful piece of body art. You are one of the most encouraging people I know and love that you share yourself so unselfishly. You are a blessing to many and most certainly to the Lord! He uses you well!!!! <3 Christine Irick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so so much Christine for your encouraging words! In my quest to be more bold (which I wrote another blog about), I believe telling people about my tattoo was a step in the right direction! And you're right...only 2 people know where our hearts are truly at :) I am blessed that you were blessed by my blog. I hope you and the family are doing well!
    Much Love,
    Me

    ReplyDelete