2.17.2011

Moondance

Last night was a marvelous night for a moondance....
why?
Because, well, a lot of reasons...
but mostly because
I felt that "peace that surpasses all understanding" again and...
for the first time, I knew in my heart...
that I have truly forgiven
and have a love deep down inside that I can't explain to anyone.
Unconditional love?
I think so.

Coffee shops are my favorite places to spend my time,
particularly coffee shops in Old Colorado City.
The atmosphere is so much different then a chain coffee shop like Starbucks,
the music is better,
and Starbucks doesn't typically have "open mic nights"...
The open mic nights downtown are quite entertaining,
yet enjoyable.
At one point of the night, my heart jumped out of my chest,
my hands were purple,
and I had to take a lot of deep breaths.
Plus, pray...a lot :)
Subtle looks, some shared laughs, smiles over a cup of Joe and a few rounds of Rummy,
and many emotions, made last night an unforgettable one.

I can't explain what the Lord is doing in my heart as of late,
1) it's way too much to explain
2) there's only two people who will ever understand
(one of those is my Dad, who's opinion and wisdom I cherish and
value high above any other
and talking to him today was so incredible...
plus he pretty much knew/had a gut feeling of what I shared with him...
"Dad's intuition," he said...
and he's excited to see what the future holds for me and...)

I love how the message describes Philippians 4:6-7
"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray.
Let petitions and praises shape your worries into
prayers, letting God know your concerns.
Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness,
everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down.
It's wonderful what happens when Christ
displaces worry at the center of your life."

It says it all right there...it's exactly what the Lord did in my heart last night, what I felt,
the process I walked through just 24 hours ago.
Anxiety and worry were turned into prayer and thus bringing forth,
a peace that I still don't understand...and I may not understand it for weeks, months,
maybe even years.
All I know is, it was totally and completely the Lord's doing,
His presence,
His peace,
His love.

Love.

Hm.

That word has so much meaning to it that I'll probably end up writing a few blogs on it.
God's unconditional love.
Our calling in life to love.
Love between two people.

Overwhelming feelings of peace, love, hope, and a smile on my face,
that I know is from my soul,
which comes straight from Heaven.

It's gonna be good :)

In other news:
I've done a lot more research for the addition to my tattoo...
I am SO excited!
I think I have a new obsession of sorts with birds.
Why?
Oh, cause they're pretty darned cool!
Cool enough to tattoo on my body? Yuuuuuup :)
I bought fabric for my living room curtains (more birds)
I found the greatest mug at Hobby Lobby for $1.80...so I bought it!
My creative juices are flowing and I think after starting a new scrapbook for 2011,
making curtains,
hanging up a few new things on my walls,
and setting money aside to make that headboard I've been talking about for over a year,
I'm going to tackle painting a canvas...
Yes.
I have been inspired by a girl from work and I want to create something beautiful
for my home!
And for the first time ever, I actually called the towing company on someone parked
in my parking space.
I'm usually nice and write a note to let them know the spot is occupied,
but there has been someone parked in my spot for
days and I'm getting tired of it. So...no more Miss Nice Girl :)

I'm so completely exhausted, so now I get to get ready for bed,
climb into my nice, warm, cozy bed,
and drift of to dreamland...where I will dream of dancing under the moon.
I'll be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment