2.01.2011

T.w.e.n.t.y...T.w.o. Candles

One day a year...
One whole day that's all mine...
To be spoiled & given a wish!!

{work surprised me with a little Happy Birthday get together!}

{The cake they picked was absolutely delicious}

My dear friend Kaci planned a birthday dinner for me, at one of my favorite places...Chedders!
So many wonderful friends showed up...
Friends that have been there for me through the icky times...
And the joyful times...
I am so incredibly blessed!

{thank you Kacy, Mandy, Tara, Amber, Dani, and Sarah}
{thank you Yvette, Savannah, Chelle, Sof, Jaime, and baby Ocean}

After dinner, we continued the celebration at Mandy's house...
{a big cookie was in order, since I'm not a huge cake fan}
{my friends sang to me}
{my wish had already came true before I blew out my candles}
{I wished for my 22nd birthday to be 100x better than my 21st...and it came true}

I was also very incredibly blessed with some amazing gifts...
{now I can take my studying to the next level...Yay!}
{a sewing machine from my Mom...I can't wait to learn how to use it
and make a ton of fun projects}
{I also got a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a new frame}

Today is the day...the day i age...
Another year older...another year smarter...
And another candle added to the cake.

With aging comes confidence...
Strength to take on the world...
An imagination to complete your bucket list...
And knowledge that...you are who you are...
Not what others expect you to be.

This year...my twenty-second year of life...
I plan to grow even stronger as a woman...
As a daughter...as a sister...& friend.
I pray that my relationship with the Lord grows evermore deeper...
That people see Jesus in me...
And that I would live life to the fullest...
With new adventures..
New hardships..
And a lot of joy!


"Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be...
The last of life...for which the first was made."
- Robert Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment