2.16.2011

With Everything

This song is one of my absolute favorites. Ever.
I listen to it all the time.
It's the one song I love to blast while I'm taking a long drive...
The lyrics have been the cry of my heart for months,
but over the past two days they've prompted my heart to think about things in a whole new light...
to which brought me to tears this morning as I was getting ready for work.

You see....
Monday night Ryann and I had a long conversation about pop culture,
to which I had mentioned that Lady Gaga was one of my favorite artists...
I told Ry that I was completely intrigued by her...for lack of better terms...craziness!
Her music is catchy...
I listen to it all the time...
and even had my ringtone set to her....
her costumes are amazing...
her performances are non like I've ever seen...
and so on.
Loved her.
Well, Ryann opened my eyes to a whole new world of the music industry...
of which I will be blogging about sometime in the near future...
after more research of course.
But let me just say that I am astounded at what I've read and seen...
even more so, that I have been a dumb American who really knows nothing about anything.
Seriously.
And it makes me sick to my stomach to think about...
how influential Lady Gaga, Rhianna, Jay-Z, Kanye West, and Beyonce (just to name a few)...
are in our world right now.
People (all over the world, not just in America)
are filling their minds with things that they know nothing about...
and being desensitized to so many awful symbolic images...
this literally disturbs me.

Anyways, here is the song that's been in my head and heart...
and has become my prayer...

{open our hearts, to see the things that make Your heart cry,
to be the church that You would desire, a light to be seen....
so let hope rise and darkness tremble, in Your holy light,
that every eye will see, Jesus our God,
Great and mighty to be praised}

No ballet tonight :( which means more fabric shopping 
and coffeehouse sitting to do more research on said pop icons,
cults, satanism, freemasonry, and the Illuminati. (yes, I'm talking heavy stuff here)

No comments:

Post a Comment