3.11.2011

He's so Big

I live in an apartment complex...
An apartment complex that has really sucky parking.
The only good thing about this is that I rent a parking space in the back of the complex...
my own little space for my little white car.
So without a doubt, I always have a place to park...
(well, when other people decide not to park there).
On nights that it's snowy and freezing, I really hate parking in the back 
cause my complex isn't really that close...
which means I have to walk...in the cold...and I'm not a huge fan of that.
But on nights when the weather isn't that bad, 
I don't mind at all walking.
Tonight was one of those nights where I didn't mind walking.
The wind had a bit of a chill to it, but it wasn't too cold...
the skies were clear and there stood millions of bright shining stars.
I took a moment to stand in the middle of the street where no street lights were shining...
took a deep breath....
and sang softly...
"The skies lay low where You are,
On the earth You rest Your feet,
Yet the hands that cradle the stars,
Are the hands that bled for me."

Hm....
The hands that cradle the stars, are the hands that bled for me.
Thank you Hillsong United for such amazing lyrics.
Their new album entitled Aftermath is my new favorite CD to listen to.
Over and over and over it plays in my car. 
The more I listen to the songs, the more I fall in love with every word sung.
I think that they have some of the most powerful worship I've ever heard...
I never get tired of listening to them!

Oh yes...back to my moment of standing in the middle of the street...
staring up at the sky...
softly singing to myself....
It was one of those moments where my breath was taken away,
my eyes filled with tears,
and I was overwhelmed by Him...
the Him who spoke and all those stars were put into place...
the Him who bled and died for the World...
the Him who Created me.

"God, You are SO incredibly big, You created the entire universe,
You spoke words and BAM! the earth was there,
You breathed air into dirt and BAM! a man was made,
You formed a women out of a rib...like really? 
You're that incredible!
You're so incredible You sent Your Son to die an awful death....
for me?
You loved me that much that you would allow Your only Son to go through all that he
had to endure...for me?
You're so big and amazing, how can people deny You?
How can I go through days feeling like You're so distant...
when You're always, always right here...with me?
I feel so tiny standing here, looking up at Your creation and all the stars you
whispered into place.
I feel so tiny...yet, I know, without a doubt, You're with me here...
and Your love will light the way!"

A few shivers ran down my back and again, I took a deep breath.
and started walking towards my home...
"No eye has seen, No ear has heard,
The depths of Your love,
No mind can fathom, The love you deserve,
How great You are!" I started to sing again.
Hm...my God is great!
He's not the long brown haired, clean looking man that so many pictures
display Him to be...
I've been reading and studying the book of Revelation lately while listening
to messages from one of my favorite pastors, Francis Chan.
In Revelation chapter 1, verses 12-17 John describes God....
"Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. 
And having turned I saw seven golden lamp stands;
 and in the middle of the lampstands I saw one like a son of man, 
clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, 
and girded across His chest with a golden sash.
 His head and His hair were white like white wool, 
like snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire.
 His feet were like burnished bronze, 
when it has been made to glow in a furnace, 
and His voice was like the sound of many waters.
 In His right hand He held seven stars, 
and out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword
and His face was like the sun shining in its strength.
 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man..."

This is the God I serve...and upon reading this passage...
my heart no longer takes worship or prayer lightly....
because I now have a visual of the God I'm worshipping and praying to!
This is the God I was talking to and singing to
when I was standing in the middle of the street just a little bit ago.
And this is why I was so overwhelmed...with Him.
This is the God who loves me more than anyone ever could.
This is the God whom I have chosen to follow hard after for the rest of my life.
This is the BIG God that I have fallen so in love with...
the One who's hands that cradle all the stars,
are the hands that bled for me!

Oh God, Be praised forever!
I am happy and so excited to be loved by such a BIG God!!
I pray that whoever reads this is encouraged to take a moment to see
just how BIG God is and maybe refocus on who you are worshipping
and praying to...I know it changed my heart.
That's all....
Goodnight :)


No comments:

Post a Comment