3.07.2011

It's just not the same...

Life that is.
Life hasn't been the same for...oh about four weeks...
Only a few know of how life has changed...
But no one will quite ever know how it's changed my everything.

You see...I have this best friend...
this best friend hurt my heart more than I thought possible...
but it happened.
I picked myself up, brushed the dirt off, and kept going...
I was fine...
Life was fine...
I was numb...
I numbed feelings.
But then, WHOOSH...in a heartbeat, feelings rushed back...
and I came to terms with these feelings I still had hidden in my heart.

Lots of hard talks later...
Hundreds of thousands of tears shed...
Some moments of pure anger...
Processing through thoughts and memories...
And a lot of prayer...
This best friend is back in my life.

Some may not agree...
Many may not understand...
Few are excited and are by my side for the adventure
(friends and a Dad whom I love very much).

The future is uncertain, of course!
I have absolutely NO idea of what is to come.
All I know is, time will heal the still open wounds...
Prayer will never cease...
And laughter will make those painful moments pass away.

Two nights ago...best friend and I decided to drive up to Denver for an adventure...
Cheesecake Factory for dinner (with some delicious drinks!)...
Yogurtland for dessert (my new favorite place that I could eat at everyday)...
Sore feet from wearing heels...
Finding new clothing styles while roaming around Urban Outfitters...
Anxious thoughts disappearing with prayer...
Loud roller-coaster screams in the car...
Moments of trying to catch our breath from laughing so hard...
Best friend and I...once again...reestablishing what was so horribly lost...
Regaining that which was taken away...
Becoming who Christ has called us to be...
Knowing that the future is unknown...
Two people...embarking not only on in adventure to Denver...
but in life...


"A best friend is someone who knows all about you,
and loves you anyway." -Anonymous 

No comments:

Post a Comment