3.29.2011

It's okay to cry sometimes

What's been on my mind the past weekend?....

"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way." 
James 1:2-4 (The Message)

"In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory." 1Peter 1:6-8 (NASB)

"And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." Romans 5:3-5 (NKJV)

Last night I spent some much needed time with my mentor/surrogate mom, Rhonda. A lot of family stuff came up this past week that left me in shock and an emotional wreck (we're talking tears shed the whole weekend...not fun). Not only that, but best friend and I are still trying to work through everything that we've been through (again a lot of tears and...not fun). Rhonda encouraged me with prayer, scripture, laughter, and I left so challenged that now my head feels like it's spinning even more...but in a good way...if that even makes sense. 

I don't really know what the Lord is doing, but I know that He's good and with His strength, I'll be able to make it through family stuff again. (if you don't know about my family...well...read my old blog here). There's a lot more that has gone on then what I have written about...but you'll get the gist of the junk my family and I have had to walk through.

Anyways...I don't mean to sound like a Debbie-downer, but my heart was so heavy this weekend, and after reading the said verses, listening to a message by Francis Chan (my favorite teacher...ever), and spending time with my mentor and the Lord...I think my heart is on the up and up :)

Next post will be a happier one....Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment