4.04.2011

Monday Musings

Well, the weekend is over and a new week has begun. I wasn't really ready to say goodbye to the weekend...I think it's been one of the best in a really long time (minus some issues here and there...but that's life!). I took Thursday off so best friend and I could drive up to Parker to.....
YES!!! get more tattoos! I was so so so excited to add to my back piece I started a couple months ago. This was best friends first tattoo...eek! He was excited, but very nervous. The artist was out visiting from Illinois again, so we made sure to see him while he was out here :) Here are a couple pictures of our night....
{pretty much I was in pain the whole time. I'm not a fan of getting the shoulder blades tattooed.}
{the words were done the last time Matt was out here...read all about why I chose these 6 words Here}
{the final product! sorry about the blood on the top bird...that one bled a lot}

I knew once my first one healed that I wanted more (it may be a slight addiction now, which my Dad isn't too excited about, but he still loves me, haha). I also knew I wanted to add more to my back, since I felt it looked weird having six words smack dab in the middle of it. So, after much studying, seeking, and praying, I decided to go with some swirly design work that matched the lettering and three bird silhouettes. 
The top bird is an Eagle! I chose an eagle from my favorite/life verse, Isaiah 40:28-31...
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
The other two birds are Sparrows! I chose sparrows because of the verse in Matthew 10 verses 29-31...
"Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows." 
And also Matthew 6:25-26, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"

I was asked why I only wanted three and I am so glad I did some research on numbers because it was then that I knew in my heart that I wanted only three birds...so upon studying, I actually had a real answer! Not just an "Um...cause I think three would look cool..." stupid answer. It's a really long and in depth explanation (Here is the website I read that finalized my decision). But the number three denotes Divine Perfection and is mentioned in the Bible over and over and over again! So...yeah, that's pretty much my tattoo :) I love it!

Like I said earlier, best friend got his very FIRST tattoo! I was so excited to be there with him to get it. He's been wanting tattoo's for a while now, but hasn't had the money to go get one. Plus, he's undergone A LOT of changing the past couple months and the Lord has really done a work in his heart. When I told him Matt was going to be back in town, he said that he was ready to get his first piece done. He changed his mind a few times, but the day before we were scheduled to get em done, he found exactly what he was looking for!
{this is him BEFORE the pain started...he definitely wasn't smiling when the needle hit him!}
{here began the three and a half hour pain that he so bravely endured....all for the Lion of Judah}
{The Lion of Judah...completed. Sorry for the blood up top...he was quite the bleeder! It'll need some touching up for sure, but it looks incredible!!}

I can't quite go into the detail of why he chose the Lion, but it all references back to scripture. When/if he writes a blog about it, I'll share the link :)

Friday we both worked all day...he worked a 15 hour shift, which sucked SO bad after enduring so much pain and then only getting three hours of sleep; but it was well worth it! Thankfully Saturday we both got to sleep in and then, because no one was available to hang out, we decided to make it a day for just us :) And it was SUCH an amazing day! We grabbed KFC for lunch for him and Chick-fil-a for me, went to the park to eat, because it was so incredibly nice outside. We sat by the soccer fields and watched a team of little boys (probably 4 and 5 years old) play! Haha, it was so fun; they were so stinkin' adorable. After that, we went to buy Frisbee discs for Frisbee Golf...one of our favorite sports to play during the summer, we then went to the mall and shopped for some new clothes (we found some great deals!), ate dinner at Panda Express, went to the new Old Nay store that opened not too long ago, and went back to my apartment to relax and play a mystery, puzzle solving computer game....I know...such nerds, haha! 
It was just such a great day to spend time together, without any strife (those of you who know what we've been through, know how strife has been huge in our friendship/relationship). It was time much needed to laugh together, talk about life, and simply just have fun. Although, life still has it's big issues to work through...there are glimpses of hope and joy and forgiveness. It truly makes my heart smile :)

Well...this post is extremely long...so I shall end it now. Blessings to you (whoever you are) on this cold (if you're living here in CO), but beautiful Monday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment