5.17.2011

Lots of Change Goin' On Here

Oh boy, oh boy! What a crazy past few weeks its been....which is probably why I haven't found the time to just sit and blog about my life and what seems to be going on in it. Haha! I don't really even know where to begin. I'll start by saying God is SO good, SO faithful, and learning to completely trust and rely on Him is growing my faith so much more than I could imagine. He has given me a peace to step out in faith, reach for His hand, and allow Him to lead me. I'll be honest, it's a bit frightening and nerve wrecking, but I know it's going to be so very rewarding! What is it that I'm talking about? Well....I resigned from work on Thursday without another job in sight....

Yes!

After years of desiring a new job, a change of scenery, new faces, and a new challenge...the day has come where I said, "Goodbye" to New Life Church and, "Hello!" to the unknown. I don't really know what I've gotten myself into, ha! All I know is that when I said the words to the HR department and talked to one of the executive Pastors about my decision, I had a peace. When I was putting all my mugs and candles and personal stuff in a brown cardboard box, I had a peace. When I said, "Bye" to the friend who walked the past three years of working in the IT department with me, the only other female in my department, a lady I could be myself around, speak honestly to, and laugh with...I had a peace (even though I was fighting back tears). 

God is a big God...a lot bigger than I give Him credit for. If He's the God who carried me through my parents divorce and prompted me to start the reconciliation process with my Mom and walked with me through the break up with the man I love and stirred in my heart complete forgiveness and hope for our future, He can certainly take care of me during this unknown season and direct me to the job I'm supposed to have! I'm filled with excitement and lots of nerves...I'm only on day two of not working and I'm already starting to worry I'm not going to find another job :-/ 
But through my nerves, through the times of just wanting to cry, through the moments of stress and not knowing where I'm going to get a paycheck...I will trust Him with a trust I've never had before.

This leap of faith was and is scary, but I know without a doubt, He is going to provide for me, and the amount of trust and faith I will gain from this season of life is going to be so beautiful!

So....here we go :) Prayers would be much appreciated as I apply and interview for jobs!! Thank you


2 comments:

  1. Joanna Ramos5/18/11, 7:43 PM

    I admire your positive attitude, its very encouraging to me!
    God is always faithful! Your in my prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joanna! He is always faithful :) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete