9.02.2011

My life the past month

Oh my goodness! It's been over a month since I've last posted. I can't believe time goes by SO fast. I've been up to SO much the past several weeks...I really don't even know where to start. Actually...I can start with James and I's trip to California!

California- So... pretty much it was such a great trip! A much needed trip :) Five days of getting away from life, relaxing by the beach, eating In 'N Out, hanging out with my Dad, seeing family, going to a wedding, hanging out with friends of mine. It was such a blessing to be able to go! It was a time where it could just be "us," on vacation, spending time together and learning to love each other again. We stayed with my Dad in his new house and it was SO great! I think almost every afternoon the three of us ended up falling asleep on the living room floor right under the swamp cooler ;) It was pretty stinkin' hot while we were there, but it was great to feel the California sun on our skin!

                                       



























When we got back from Cali, it was time for me to move! I've lived by myself for two years and was asked by my mentor if I wanted to move in with her daughter, Ryann, and another girl into their house here in the Springs. She was moving back to Washington D.C. to be with her husband who was stationed there and instead of finding a random family to move into their house, they decided to ask a few girls to live with Ry. I was SO excited to move in and start a new season with girlfriends...and in a house! The moving process was so long and drawn out. James and I did pretty much all the moving ourselves and then I had to clean out my apartment, scrub it down, and make sure it looked better than when I had moved in. It was so much work, but so worth it! I live with two (it'll be three this weekend) of the most amazing girls I have known. Ryann and Erin are absolutely hilarious and they're such real, authentic girls; not afraid to talk about real life things. I don't think I have ever been so open with girlfriends like I have been with them. They know my life, they know the yuck parts of my life, and they love me and accept my flaws and I don't have to be perfect around them...even down to my un-matching pajamas and no make up on my face. They see the real Autumn. And I love it!
{Ryann doesn't like to be in front of the camera. She's an amazing musician.
She's definitely the crazy one of the house. Not a day goes by without her saying, or some times yelling,
something that makes you laugh so hard, you cry. Also, underneath all her white skin, she's really black. Ha!}
{Erin doesn't mind being in front of the camera. She's going to school for psychology, so we have a lot in common.
She's also from California! Erin, too, is absolutely hilarious.
And she has such an infectious laugh! I love it!}
{Holly is moving in this weekend, so I don't know much about her....yet!
But I know that she is absolutely sweet. She's going to Charis Bible College.
And she's a painter! She also does hair...BONUS! I'm so excited to get to know her more!}
I know that I'm making life long friends...and this experience of living with girls is going to be one of the best for me! I couldn't be more thankful to have such amazing friends in my life that push me to become a better person. Oh, and they all like James around, so that's another huge blessing! They know our story, his story, and love us and our redemptive story!

{This is our beautiful home! The grass is green though ;)
I found this picture online since I keep forgetting to take one myself, haha! Four bedrooms,
two and a half bath, a balcony that overlooks the city, a gorgeous mountain view....yes, we are VERY blessed!}
About 8-9ish years ago, I started a "Bucket List." I've been able to scratch a few things off of it, but there was one I didn't think I was going to be able to scratch off, just because it costs a pretty penny. You see, I've wanted to see Josh Groban in concert since I was in junior high. He's been one of my favorite artists...his voice soothes my soul, and he's a very talented musician. Wellllll....James saw that he was going to be in Denver, so he bought us tickets and took me to go see him! I was SO SO SO excited! I had been waiting for years to see Josh in concert and my man made my dream come true! 


















It was AMAZING! To say the least ;) I am so blessed to have a man that takes to me concerts and spends time with me...even at concerts that aren't his favorite. I love him!

We also went to Rock the Range, which was a Christian crusade type thing up in Denver. We went with Ryann, Erin, and Erin's friend Kristin! Our friends Sarah and Kinzli met us up there. Poor James was the only man. Next time we'll bring another one so he doesn't have to be surrounded by us girls all the time! It was fun though :) I hadn't been to a Christian concert series in years, so it was kinda fun to see some Christian bands play and hear a message from Franklin Graham. The bands that played were The Afters, The Almost, LeCrae (which was my favorite!), and Skillet. Oh, and the lead singer of the group Flyleaf gave her testimony and played a song. She was INcredible! I'm so glad we all got to go up and hang out and just have SO much fun together! 



























Hm....what else has been going on in life...OH! Yes :) I started a new nanny job! I am absolutely loving it. I'm watching a little baby named Jonah and he is such a great baby. I am SO blessed to have known the family from New Life Church and when they saw I was looking for a nanny job, they asked me to jump on board with them. 

{This was taken just last week! This week (Monday the 29th) was my first day! So far...so good! Isn't he cute?!}
In other news:
-James and I started eating healthy...and I mean healthy. Ryann is very much into eating healthy, so she's taught us a lot! We've started eating all organic meat and eggs with no hormones injected into them. No more pork or shellfish. No foods with high fructose corn syrup, or pretty much anything with corn anything in it. No artificial flavors, added sugars, or high sodium. Only whole wheat breads and pastas. And all fresh veggies, no more frozen! Ha! It took us two hours to grocery shop when we started this whole thing, because we read every single label on every single item we like to eat and were left with only little to choose from. But so far, we're making it work and actually really loving it! We both feel healthier and have more energy. Probably cause we're not loading up our bodies with complete crap food!

-I decided to strip out all the color in my hair and try to go back to a more natural look...as close to my natural brown as possible. I hate it. And want to color it again! Holly (roommate) went to cosmetology school and likes to do hair....so I guess that means I'm just gonna have to change it up for the fall season ;)

-James has been working his butt off all summer to pay of his debt. Only a couple more weeks to go and he'll be DONE with all credit card debt, bank debt, debt to people, and the debt he's has since he was 18 years old. I am SO proud of his diligence and determination to get it done! It hasn't been easy...specially when he had to borrow gas money from me, hehehe! But he's almost there and it's going to be SO rewarding when it's all said and done! Praise Jesus!

-James and I (haha...we do pretty much everything together again) recently became leaders in the junior high group at New Life! We get to go to camp in a couple weekends and every Wednesday night we get to spend time with a hundred or so 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. This season is going to be so good, so challenging, and SO rewarding! We're both very excited to be back in ministry again...together :)

I think that's all that's happened the past month! To me, it's a lot. I love this new season of life so much. I've grown so much, and can't wait to see what the future holds for my life! And now that I've updated this thing, maybe I'll get back into the swing of blogging regularly again ;) 

Peace and Love
xo

1 comment:

  1. that's is all so very exciting :)
    glad to get an update on your life recently!!!

    ReplyDelete