11.26.2011

Thankful

Thankful: feeling or expressing gratitude; appreciative. 

I have so many things to be thankful for.... 

My Jesus who loves me no matter what, who has called me His own, who desires me, who pursues me, who watches over me, who has redeemed me. My life is not my own.

A Dad who has been the rock in my life, who loves me, who has raised me to love Jesus, who fights for me, who protects me, who provides and takes care of me.

A Mom....who doesn't understand how much I truly do love her, but because of life situations, have decided to put up boundaries. Who taught me all of the foundational truths I stand on today. I miss you.

A little brother who is 4ft+ taller than me, who makes me laugh, who I miss terribly and want nothing more than to just have a close relationship with.

A man, James, who has taught me more about Christ's redemption and healing power than anyone else I know, who has been in my life since the week I moved to Colorado, who has become my best friend, who loves me even through my weaknesses, who understands me even when I don't make sense, who has challenged me to become a better woman, who I love so much.

A mentor who is like a Mom to me, who is there for me always, listens to me vent and cry and always has words of wisdom to help guide me. Really...I don't know what I would do without her in my life.

James' family that has become my family. I got to spend Thanksgiving with them and I felt right at home. I am so so blessed to know this family that have graciously welcomed me in as one of their own.

Roommates who have become some of my best friends. Girls that have taught me how to love the Lord deeper, who have challenged me to be more patient, who make me laugh more than I ever thought I could, who have seen my tears and have been there to listen. Amazing girls!

A job that is more than I could ask for. An organization that is changing the hearts and lives of children and adults across America...and I get to play a very small part in it. Co-workers that have become friends so quickly...and some of the best lunch breaks I've ever had. 

Chris and Michelle Rosenhahn. Some of my favorite people ever! Chris who is no less than an older brother to me (and makes me laugh non-stop) and Chelle who has been there for me through thick and thin, hugged me when I needed it, cried with me, and has been nothing but a faithful friend. I don't know what I would do without these two in my life.

Tyler and Kaci Krause. Friends who have seen the best side and the worst side of me. My go-to people when something in life goes wrong. Friends who have prayed with me through the hard times. Kaci...who gives the best lectures ; ) but really...I've learned so so much through all the talks we've had. And now their going to be PARENTS! Getting to watch their faith through the pregnancy process and the beginning of next year, getting to see them with a new baby girl, my heart could not be more excited for them!

Matt and Leah Tisthammer...becoming more than friends...mentors who speak life into James and I. As our relationships develop and more time is spent with them, the love they have for married couples and advancing the Kingdom with healthy marriages is more than apparent. I can't wait to walk out life with them and with their wisdom!

These are just a few people in my life that I am so incredibly thankful. I wouldn't be the person I am today without them. And to have them in my life until my life is over...I couldn't ask for anything more. 

2 comments:

  1. We are thankful for you too Autumn!!!

    oh...who is Lead Tisthammer??? (its a big brother thing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's her new nickname, haha! Thanks for catchin' that...bro :)

    ReplyDelete