9.05.2012

The Autumn Season

The Autumn season means a few things to me:

1) It's almost Christmas.

2) Boots and Sweaters.

3) It's almost Christmas.

4) Everything Pumpkin!

Everything about the turning of the seasons makes my heart leap for joy and there's a certain sense of peace that comes along with it. The temperature slowly drops. I start sleeping with my window open at night and wake up to a crisp breeze that makes my heart long to stay in bed all day and read. And, it's cuddle weather, which is 10x better now that I have a husband to cuddle with! 

I get this absolute love of the Autumn season from my Mom...hence my name ;) 

As I sit here, drinking my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season (even though it's still 80 degrees outside, I couldn't help but say 'yes!' when my dear co-worker asked if I wanted one), my anxious heart is soothed with the simple message this cup brings..."a new season is among you, crisp and full of beauty." 

In the next few weeks, the leaves will start changing to reds and yellows, the pumpkin patches will open for business, and baking goodies will begin in the Carton kitchen! It's my favorite time of year and I am filled with hope, peace, and much gratitude for God's grace for this new season ahead...a season filled with many trips to Starbucks and new boots on my feet :)


No comments:

Post a Comment