10.17.2012

Answered Prayers and Life Changes

The past few weeks have been so crazy in James and I's lives....in the best way possible of course! Let's see...where to start....

Before we got married, James and I started having discussions about if the Lord wanted us here in CO or not...we asked each other a lot of questions about what we desired for community and didn't really feel at home at the church we were attending. We explained our feelings to our parents and some close friends and left it at that till after we got married and settled into married life. Shortly after we got back from our honeymoon, we realized that our community was scarce and those deep friendships we were longing for just weren't quite there. We started praying that God would open doors for community here or that he would open doors for us to move. Of course my heart automatically went to 'Let's move!'...I wanted an adventure, a new city, new state, new everything. That's what I kept praying and hoping for. Even to the point of not wanting to make any more friends here or see any of the friends I did have. I just wanted my husband and a new place to live. 

Two months after marriage, James ended up losing his job at Chromatic Technologies Inc. due to a lot of mis-communication and poor decision making on the management end. Both of us knew he wouldn't be at that company long and it was only the beginning of where the Lord would use James' designing skills. The day he lost his job, he went over to his parents house to start looking for another one. He spent hour after hour, day after day, looking everywhere for a job. I thought that this was the perfect opportunity to start looking out of state; I could always find another job or maybe Rachel's Challenge would let me work from home. I had it all planned out! James and I talked about it and decided he would start looking in other cities. He applied to jobs in Denver, Seattle, Connecticut, New York, and a couple other places. We were both very excited to see where the Lord would lead. Two weeks later, James got a phone call from a place he applied to here in the Springs. He was asked to come in that day for an interview, the next day the company sent him a test project, he completed it, and the day after that, on a Saturday morning, James got yet another phone call from the company asking if he could start Monday morning; he, of course, said yes! We were so thrilled! I looked at him and said, "I guess the Lord wants us to stay here."  He started that Monday morning for 3GEngagement as their Graphic Artist and they have kept him so very busy. He's really enjoying all the projects he gets to work on!

That same week, we were invited to join two dinner small groups, and I was invited to join a girls weekly Bible study! Community. Just what we had been praying for! One dinner group is for young marrieds and the other dinner group is one with friends we've been wanting to hang out with for quite some time. Such great people in both groups! And the girls Bible study has been really good for me. Just what I've been needing to help restore a lot of hurts from relationships with women/girls. James has also had the opportunity to meet with a mentor and hang out with more guys...which has been so good for him!

Life seemed to be going great and our prayers were being answered! I really couldn't think of how it could get better. Well...a little over two weeks ago, my brother came over to hang out and brought over a puppy that one of my mom's dogs had. The mama dog had a liter of 6 Golden Retriever/Labradors, 4 black, 2 golden. Lord knows that I've been wanting a Golden Retriever girl puppy for yeeears. As soon as Tanner got out of his car with that little girl, I fell in love. Truly, it was instantaneous! We played together, I wore her out, and she fell asleep on my lap. It was a sad moment saying goodbye to her. I looked at James and said, "That's my motivation to find a new place for us to live!" (if you didn't know, we are currently living in a basement apartment at a friends parents house and had been talking about how we would like to move). 

Because I am who I am ;) and we both knew that we didn't want to stay in the basement for long and we told our landlords that it would only be a temporary living situation, I asked James if we could seriously consider moving. We spent some time praying about it and James gave me the okay to start looking for places. We figured out how much we could afford a month and I began my search. It was slim-pickens for what we could afford in a good area, but I kept looking and came across one that I liked. I found the ad on Craigslist and was kinda hesitant...only because Craigslist can be sketch at times. A day later, I got a response that the townhouse was still available and that if we wanted to look at it, we could. James and I took an afternoon off for lunch on October 4th, saw the townhouse, and knew it was home. The landlord was really nice and the place was the perfect size for us! Right before we left, we were handed the application and told to think about it and if we wanted to apply, to email the application in. As soon as we got back to the car, I asked James if we could apply. He said yes! The next morning, I sent our application off and prayed that we would get it. Sunday morning (the 7th) came around... I woke up to an email that said the landlord picked US out of 4 applicants!! I woke James up with much laughing and screaming and jumping! In just a matter of days, we got a perfect little townhouse to rent, a place we can call home (for a while at least)! And the best part about it is, the landlord allows pets...so we get our little golden puppy (another blog will come soon with more pictures)!

Meet Miss Molly
Our new little home





















It's evident that the Lord wants us here. He's opened door after door, with so much ease. He's answered our prayers, He changed my heart about moving, and we've had such a peace through all the changes. I told James that life has been so painfully hard the past few years that I've forgotten what it's like to truly be joyful deep down and see good things happen in life...good things that we've prayed for! 

James is happy and busy at his new job, we have great community, we're moving into our new little home at the beginning of November, and we're adding to the Carton family! 

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus and watch Him lead!

4 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Congrats on following the Lord! Joey has had some job issues too. I just started following your blog and love that you two are seeking God so much. We're attempting to as well as we are here in Iowa. It's been a bit of a challenge finding a church family but I think we finally did. :) I know what you mean about close friends...I've been praying for that too. Can't wait to see where else God takes you. Don't you love how God answers prayers so tangibly?

    www.munchtalk.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jasanna! Yes, we know all about not having a job. When we were dating James was out of a job for 2 years. Thankfully this time it was only 2 weeks :) Keep praying for that community! It'll come! The Lord knows exactly what friendships you need :) Love reading your blog as well. It's so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo honored and thrilled to be part of this "new" community of yours!! we love you guys and are so glad you're here with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're so blessed to get to hang out with you guys every other week! You and John are some of the best around :)

      Delete