10.29.2012

In the Midst of the Storm

Dear Friends,

Lately I have found myself in one of "those" seasons. You know...when your heart is overwhelmed by circumstances out of your control...Maybe you're struggling with your job, maybe a relationship seems to be falling apart, maybe you have a family member not walking with the Lord, maybe someone dear to you is hurting...physically, emotionally, mentally. To be honest, it feels a little strange to write to try to encourage, while my own heart is feeling this grief so deeply. Maybe this will turn out to be my very own encouragement...who knows!

But...deeper than the grief and louder than all the noise in this world that surrounds, this truth speaks to me. That His mercy is greater than our mess and He will come to fill those hurting places deep within. His strength is made perfect in our weakness and He makes beauty out of ashes.

And so....with this heaviness in my heart, I want to try to encourage with truths that I know to be so true...to whomever reads this:

I know that though everything is shaken, He will not be moved
{He is unchanging}

When the winds and waves crash all around, He whispers softly, "Trust Me."

"You will keep Him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." (Is. 26:3-4)

He extends these truths to all of us....me, in my ache and confusion...and to you, in whatever storm you're facing.

Standing, with arms stretched out, the winds howling in my face, and the waves crashing around me, screaming..."Father, YOU ARE GOOD! And YOUR MERCY ENDURES FOREVER. You. Are. Good."

Your mercies are new for me and will sustain me through this storm...today...and the next day...and the next.

I will magnify You and exalt You over my circumstances. You are all I see.

I will trust Your heart towards me and know that you will not give me more than I can handle.

I will worship you...Praise Your Mighty Name...place my hope in You...no matter what...over and over and over again. Until I am completely undone and at peace in your presence.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:18)

The Lord invites us to encounter Him so deeply. In the stillness. In the quiet. In the secret place. He desires for you to draw near to him, so He can draw ever near to you. He is after our hearts...so that we will be wholly surrendered to Him.

I seem to have been through storms like this many times in the past few years with my family and with my husband, and I've seen the other side of it, where there is peace and restoration in my soul and with those around me. But sometimes we have to walk through storms (more than once) to truly grasp what that sweet intimacy with Him looks like. And honestly, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Don't give up, dear friend. He will see you through.


No comments:

Post a Comment