10.23.2012

Just Do It

It's Tuesday morning and I've been up since 5:30am. Husband and I...well, actually, just I, decided that we needed to start working out again and the mornings are our best option in this busy season of life. We both have gym memberships that we're paying for and we haven't gone since before we were married....so I made the decision to ask a co-worker to keep me accountable and text me in the mornings. From there, I will do the very grueling  job of waking husband up (he's not a morning person) :-/

Today was day one and although I feel good physically, I'm also pretty tired...and constantly hungry. It'll take some getting used to; to get into the habit of working out every morning and eating more throughout the day, but once our bodies have adjusted to waking up so darn early, I think we'll be a lot more diligent with it!

The Lord says in 1 Corinthians that our bodies are a temple of the Holy Spirit, that it doesn't belong to us (it's God's) and we are to honor it. I have taken that scripture to heart and after doing much research and praying, Husband and I made the decision (over a year ago) to change our eating habits as a whole. Not only did we cut out junk food and soda, but all processed food with artificial products, coloring, or high fructose corn syrup. We made the change for the betterment of our insides and now, it's time to take care of the outside! (I would recommend watching Food Inc. to gather more info about what you are putting in your system.)

I want to live a healthy lifestyle and I am determined to take care of the body God gave me. So, thus, another adventure begins in our lives! Husband thinks I'm the craziest person ever...and I might be ;) but I know that it's something we need to do and it'll be so worth it!

Just Do It

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the healthfulness! It is definitely a journey. Joey and I came from different backgrounds and we appreciate things differently. Food is the toughest thing for us to learn to like together. I like things quickly and easily and it's a bit harder for him to find a taste for it. But it's something we're working on together! And we're running together now too. Good luck to you two and waking up early. ;)

    ReplyDelete