11.01.2012

It's the little things...

Thankful: Feeling or expressing gratitude; appreciative. 

Throughout our lives, we take many things for granted. 
We over look the obvious and don't truly appreciate the world around us. 
Well folks, it's November...which means...
a whole month to express your thankfulness!

I once read a book entitled "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp...a book that challenges and invites the reader to embrace everyday blessings. For, if you live with a mind set on being thankful, you will begin to view the world differently. This book is currently in a box somewhere, but once we move and I get the chance to unpack, I will be diving into it again. I definitely suggest reading it! I also suggest getting a really cute (or manly!) journal to write out your list of 1,000 gifts. My list got to about 200-ish and stopped. When I start the book over, I will make a cute journal and once again, write down 1,000 things I'm thankful for...and be reminded of how much I am blessed!
Since today is November 1st and I have made the conscience decision to blog everyday (if I can, that is...might have to double up on some posts) about something I'm thankful for (whether it be a person, a place, or something random), I will start the month off by saying....

Today, I am thankful for Christmas Music!! Yes, I officially started listening to it (on Monday actually) and it hasn't stopped. I love having two full months of non-stop Christmas Cheer. It makes the world wonderful and bright and my heart leaps at every song as if I were still a child! Annnnnnnnd (just so you are aware) there are only 53 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS! woohoo!

4 comments:

  1. Nicole Taylor11/1/12, 2:16 PM

    Autumn you are so awesome at expressing the beauty and deep things within and around you. I am thankful for you as a new cousin and I look forward to every post on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad we're cousins too Nicole! I just wish you guys would move out here ;) James and I are moving into a townhome this weekend, so you should plan a trip and come stay with us!

      Delete
  2. you are truly a girl after my own heart ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall become great friends :) So looking forward to hanging out with you after the move!

      Delete