11.15.2012

Only 7 Days till Turkey Day...

Oy! I seem to be doing a terrible job at blogging everyday. But HEY! I'm still making the 30 Days of Thankfulness happen ;)

Let's see....I am thankful for....

Day 13: Our Tuesday night dinner group...which is becoming more like a small family. We laugh...with and at each other...a lot! We share married stories, like how we signal to each other the 'angry eye' or the 'hand squeeze'. We watched The Voice together this week and made fun of Carson Daly and cheered for our favorite competitors (Go Trevin Hunte!). Husband and I are just so blessed to know and do life with the Shaida's, the Menegocci's, and the Bisenberger's!

Day 14: The girls I work with! We had a Girls Night Out in a cute little home downtown, drank wine, ate delicious pasta and soup, and laughed all night long. I really don't know how I would get through my work days if it weren't for these amazing ladies! My coworkers have indeed become friends, and these friendships, I know, will last a very long time. I am so thankful to work alongside such an incredible group!

Belinda, Amy, Me, Kristen, Christy, Coby, Jourdan, and Mishayla
(missing Kelly, Rachael, and Mary Claire)
Day 15: The days I can wear my contacts and it goes well. Silly, I know...but it's true! As most of my friends know, I wear my glasses all. the. time. I have contacts, but they seem to have found a cozy home in my medicine cabinet. Today, I decided to take them out of the dark, and actually put them in my eyes. You see, I have bad allergies, dry eyes, and a squinty smile so my eye makeup tends to smudge really easily. Contacts seem to multiply these problems by 10. Naturally, I hate all of the above, so I just put my glasses on, make a comment to husband (everyday) about how much I hate looking like a librarian, and go on my merry way. Today, I put my contacts in and so far so good! No dryness, no smudgy makeup (as of yet), and my allergies seem to be fine. It's a good day and I am thankful :) (I'm also thankful that it doesn't always have to be the big things that bring a little joy in ones day!)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanksgiving is in 7 days! Can you believe it?? I really can't. Like truly, can't believe it's the HOLIDAY SEASON! I l-o-v-e this time of year, but I'm surprised every year how incredibly fast it shows up. Next week at this time, husband and I will be celebrating our first Thanksgiving as man and wife. We will indulge in the eating of much food. We will watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. And we will be sure to get a good nap in so we're rested to head out at midnight to start Black Friday Shopping

Best. Tradition. Ever

Husband and I started it last year and even though we don't have a ton of money to spend (thank you debt.), we will still go out, enjoy the hustle and bustle, buy a few items, laugh at people in their sweats and beanies with their long lists of Christmas gifts, and realize how insane we are to be apart of it all. Although insane, I would't change our tradition for anything :)

Have a lovely Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww I love being a part of your posts :D and more importantly your life... xoxo

    ReplyDelete